Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 3

Another great day! Finally nothing but beautiful weather. Great riding weather and only 25 miles to ride. Sounds like the beginning of a perfect day to me. :)

Well it did go really well. I did have a number of hills again but nothing compared to yesterday. I'm really glad I came across the Zachary Taylor National Cemetery. It was quite an experience being in the presence of all that history and all of those people that fought for our country.

On the way to Louisville I was trying to figure out where I was going to stay. I knew I wanted to be downtown but everything there was just so expensive. Well I decided to try to use that negotiator feature on priceline. The first time I tried I lost Internet connectivity and lost everything I had input. When I get there I'm debating on whether or not to try again or just go to the cheapest place that it showed without the negotiator. Right before taking off for the Econolodge (2 1/2 stars) I decide to suck it up and try again. Immediately I get a response that I got a room at The Galt House (3 1/2 stars) for $15 cheaper. But oooohh it gets better.

So I pull up to the hotel and wheel my bike into the lobby looking like crap; all sweaty and a little bit sun burnt. Well, I make my way up to the front desk and let the lady know I have a reservation. I immediately made nice with her by joking about the fact that I wasn't able to print up my confirmation page, offering to show her my phone. Haha Well, whether she was feeling sorry for me or was just being nice, she upgraded me to an EXECUTIVE SUITE! I was ecstatic! Let me tell you, this place was just about as big as my apartment.

I topped the night off with a trip to Joe's Crab Shack and a nice evening walk before turning in for the night. Can't wait to continue this adventure.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a day of nice weather! Thanks for sharing your pictures it's great to see what you are experiencing. We have been tracking your progress on the blackboard in the lobby...all the customers ask about you daily and look at the map! Hope you have another great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice...Can I ride in a side cart on days like these? The windy days, I'll take a cab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures......that!s awesome that you got a suite....glad that you are having nice weather!!

    ReplyDelete