Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 27

So day 27 didn't go nearly as smooth as I was hoping. I got ready and was on my way out of town when I noticed my rear tire was looking a little low. So I stopped to fill it. When I unscrewed the valve cover the entire valve core came with it which caused the tire to completely deflate. Then I came to discover my pump was broken. Therefore, I was stuck in a town with no bike shop and likely no way of pumping my tire up since it has a presta valve instead of a traditional schrader valve. The rest of the day I spent trying to find some way of solving my problem. Looking for a place to rent a car/truck, checking hardware stores for pumps, trying to fix my pump. By the end of the night it was looking like I was going to have to either hitchhike to the nearest bike shop or have a pump overnighted to Dighton. I just hope everything works out...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jason!

    Just spent my lunchtime catching up on your inspiring adventure....Doug sent me the link and I will be following your journey! The flats have got to be extremely frustrating, I hope everything works out too!!! Looking forward to your next post ;)

    Hugs!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason,
    Hope you are done with flat tires for awhile. I know that must have been frustrating. But you worked it out and got back on your bike to continue your journey. Smooth sailing ahead buddy- love ya- Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason....So glad that you are back on the road...WOO HOO.....Colorado..Enjoy your riding!!!

    Love Aunt Suzie

    ReplyDelete