Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 17 and 18

I got off to a fairly early start from Ethan's on day 17 and had my eyes set on Kansas City.

For those of you that don't know, I have a mount on my handlebars for my phone. Also, I get ESPN updates on it with the scores for my favorite teams. Well, as I was truckin it toward KC I see that the 49ers are doing quite well against Detroit. So obviously I look up the nearest Buffalo Wild Wings. It was just close enough that I would probably be able to catch the last quarter so I turn on the turbo and actually make it there before the end of the third. Well, we all know how that game ended. Woohoo! The best part was that big fans of both teams were there and a lot of friendly trash talking was going on. More so on the Detroit end. Haha

Well after that awesome time, I was on the the final stretch to KC. When I got there I was very excited to check it out. I was planning on sticking around the next day so I kept it pretty low key the first day. By the time I got all cleaned up and everything most everything was closed anyway.

Although I did find a place that was open 24 hours and had karaoke going on so I stopped in for a bit. A bunch of stuff was two for one so I was able to get two beers and two appetizers for less than $20, thanks Melissa :). After that, it was back to my place to crash out.

Day 18 was pretty fun. I was just disappointed because a lot of the stuff I wanted to check out was closed. I road down 18th & Vine which is a historic Jazz/Blues place but everything was closed. I was able to go to the KC Federal Reserve where there was a free self guided tour. The vault there was nine stories tall and took 30 cement trucks to complete but I think I can still crack it. Haha It was a pretty interesting tour overall. After that I went to a BBQ place that was recommended to me by a local and it was delicious.

The rest of the day was just spent drinking delicious coffee and pedaling around taking everything in. That is until the weather turned south which is when I turned in for the night.

3 comments:

  1. You seem to be keeping up with what is going on in the sports world. I'm surprised there weren't some jazz & blues places open. Vault building sounds interesting. Taking in the sights and soaking up that Kansas City BBQ- enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you got to see the end of the 49'er game...I think it was the best game they have played so far this season!!! Glad you get those ESPN updates, they're great! Who would of thought 30 years ago...that in 2011, one could be riding their bike in the country and have a mobile phone with the internet..

    Love Aunt Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad you enjoyed your beer and appetizers! That's cool about your phone mount- I was going to say you should take a picture of it, but then I was thinking that you probably use your phone to take pics! I was looking on the big map and you've done a good distance so far! Keep it up!
    Love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete